I love what I do. The best part of my job is telling a story through pictures, sound, and words that makes a difference in people's lives.


Truthful, balanced reporting. I believe being a journalist is a big responsibility --- one that I take very seriously. It is my job to get to the truth and provide my viewers with fair, balanced and accurate news.

Broad skill set. At KEYC in Mankato, Minnesota, I developed a broad range of skills that have helped me to become a well-rounded, accomplished journalist. I have done nearly every task that goes into reporting a news story --- shooting and interviewing, writing, and editing all my own stories. I have used DVC-pro tapes to capture video, and edited that video linearly from tape to tape. Not only was I a photographer and reporter, I also produced and anchored shows.

Significant stories using advanced technology. At WICD in Champaign, Illinois, I was a nightside reporter. There I expanded my skills to include live shots, three times a day. I was first on the scene during breaking news stories. I provided vital information during state senate elections. I covered a shootout that killed three Champaign police officers. And I reported live during the biggest snowstorm in Champaign history. Every live shot is a new story. I am constantly updating my scripts and bringing new information to the viewer. While at WICD, the newsroom upgraded to AVID editing systems. AVID allows me a whole new way to tell a story, using advanced technology to put together the best video and editing with the best tools.”